[erlang-questions] Erlang and the learning curve

黃耀賢 (Yau-Hsien Huang) g9414002.pccu.edu.tw@REDACTED
Tue Jan 4 03:22:37 CET 2011

Hi, all. Do you think Erlang is not well wrapped and promoted?

For examples for well introduced gadgets:
PHP and Ruby on Rail is a Web development framework.
Java is a programming language with OO concepts support and VM environment.
ColdFusion is a Client/Server web development framework with a preporcessing
language.

On Erlang, we know it's generic, and it's functional. But it's so hard for
us to say:
"Boss, I decide to use Erlang in my next plan." Why?
How to introduce YAWS/Erlang in a office using Windows/IIS?

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 10:06 AM, jm <jeffm@REDACTED> wrote:

> Would you like to post a small snippet of code in Ruby and someone of the
> list could propose an equivalent piece of Erlang?
>

> Jeff.
>

> On 4/01/11 12:52 PM, JETkoten wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've been reading/watching everything I can find (off and online) for
>> learning Erlang for the past two or three weeks, but am just not getting it,
>> in terms of being able to do anything with Erlang in the real world.

Best Regards.