[erlang-questions] Dialyzer HttpPacket Waring (bug?)

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Mon Feb 28 21:40:34 CET 2011

Edmond Begumisa wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 07:10:44 +1100, Edmond Begumisa
> <ebegumisa@REDACTED> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm using erlang:decode_packet/3 to do some HTTP. When I use the
>> http_bin packet type and match the result, Dialyzer keeps warning
>> about my HttpString type being invalid indicating that it's expecting
>> a string() and not my binary(). Yet the documentation says (and
>> tracing confirms) that HttpString = string() | binary()
>>
>> For example...  {SNIP}

Please learn how to submit a proper bug report.  Which OTP version is
this?  Which documentation you are looking at?

I cannot reproduce it with R14B01.
Upgrade to it and your problem will go away.

Kostis