how do people get edoc to coexist with dialyzer?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Mon Feb 28 13:11:16 CET 2011

Hi,

having just written -spec type annotations for a module (for
dialyzer), I tried running 'edoc' to see what the
automatically-produced documentation would look like.

It looks like 'edoc' completely ignores -spec annotations. Maybe that's
what this part of the manual is getting at, that using -spec is part of
the future plans for edoc:

    It is expected that the type language described in this document
    will supersede and replace the purely comment-based @type and
    @spec declarations used by Edoc.

    http://www.erlang.org/doc/reference_manual/typespec.html

Or is there some "please use the -spec information" switch I haven't found?

What do people do in practice? It looks like the two syntaxes are (almost?)
the same, so I'm a bit tempted to just hack up a preprocessor which
turns -spec lines into @spec lines when edoc is looking.

Matt