bit syntax: what does "<<1234>> =" match?

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Sun Feb 27 00:33:48 CET 2011

I agree, it's confusing and this is one of those things that you "have to
know". A shell interpreter or compiler warning would be nice. However, the
binary syntax in erlang is extremely powerful, and this quirk is really just
a small inconvenience in the long run.

(BTW, Anthony - I, too, tend to run away fast from anything in software that
is described with the phrases: "the cool thing" or "makes it easy".)

/s