[erlang-questions] Bundler like framework in erlang ?

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Wed Feb 23 12:26:51 CET 2011

On 23 February 2011 10:11, nox <nox@REDACTED> wrote:
> Isn't a big part of those 550 contributions just OTP applications?
> How many of those 550 packages actually build and work?

The thing about CEAN is that you've got binary artefacts in the
repository, not code. So they don't build at all, the pre-compiled
beam code (and native extensions) just gets pulled onto your machine.
This is something that I like a lot about CEAN and sinan/faxien - but
I'm tending to work with rebar for my builds. CEAN 2.0 sounds ideal
for my needs as it will build with rebar but store binary artefacts in
the repository as well. Ideally I'd like to be able to specify a
dependency (using rebar) that gets pulled from CEAN already built for
my architecture, and have a nice interface to publish tags/versions of
my own artefacts to CEAN. The latter part is a bit similar to agner,
but minus the need to build stuff on the client.

BTW, this rebar issue seems to be looking along similar lines -
https://github.com/basho/rebar/pull/47