Job - Development engineer at the Internet Memory Foundation, Paris

Florent Carpentier florent.carpentier@REDACTED
Tue Feb 22 11:08:17 CET 2011

The Internet Memory Foundation (formerly European Archive) contributes
to the creation of an internet memory by archiving the web on a large scale.

Internet Memory is a unique centre of expertise in Europe. At IM, we
deal with web scale data and experiment with distributed computations on
large clusters.

Since the inception in 2004, we have offered an innovative and dynamic
workplace, blending research, development and new services deployment in
various fields, making use of a wide array of tools. With its young and
international team, this is the right place to let one develop his skills.

Internet Memory is involved in various European research projects,
working in collaboration with institutions such as the Max Planck
Institute or Yahoo Research.

*The Foundation is looking for a development engineer*

*Mission*

For the archival platform and European projects: design, technical
specifications, implementation (code and automatic tests), documentation
and maintenance.

*Profile*

* Master degree in computer science
* autonomous, team player
* Erlang language experience required
* web protocols knowledge required
* knowledge of Linux
* a python development experience a plus
* Pylons, Django experience a plus
* Good command of English

Contract type: CDI (permanent, full time)
Location: Montreuil (near Paris, métro ligne 9 Robespierre or RER A
Vincennes)
No telecommuting

Contact: job@REDACTED (please mention "Development engineer"
in the subject)