[erlang-questions] Is there a maximum mnesia table count?

Håkan Mattsson hm@REDACTED
Mon Feb 21 23:15:59 CET 2011

Mnesia itself does not impose any hard limitations in this regard. But Mnesia
uses ets and dets as table storage and they have (configurable) upper limits.
dets does not impose a limit itself, but each dets table consumes an open port.
In practise there are other considerations that limits the number of tables,
such as memory consumption and performance.

See http://www.erlang.org/doc/efficiency_guide/advanced.html for more details
about system limits.

/Håkan