[erlang-questions] Fwd: [erlang-bugs] Incorrect scope for a variable

David Mercer dmercer@REDACTED
Thu Feb 17 15:55:19 CET 2011

On Thursday, February 17, 2011, Joe Armstrong wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Ola Andersson A <
> ola.a.andersson@REDACTED> wrote:
>
> > There you are.
> > That's exactly the reason why I don't like exports from case.
> > Couldn't have found a better way to illustrate it if I had tried. ;-)
> >

> Yes but the alternative are nested letrecs which are much more verbose.
> I like short code.

Can you provide an example illustrating what you mean, the advantages of
case exports, and what nested letrecs look like?  I have generally avoided
exports from case, but perhaps I am missing something.  Please advise.
Thank-you.

Cheers,

David