[erlang-questions] Two beautiful programs - or web programming made easy

Yurii Rashkovskii yrashk@REDACTED
Wed Feb 16 01:00:55 CET 2011

Wow, what a thread :) I just had a thought — wouldn't it be more productive
to do something like, for example, a port of socket.io (http://socket.io/)
server to Erlang? (with misultin/mochiweb/yaws/.. supported) This way we can
get WebSockets API pretty much regardless of the browser in question; it can
also
help luring some JS developers into Erlang since they'll be able to reuse
their frontends for their Node.js services that don't scale.

Basically, socket.io gives you that WebSocket API but fallbacks through a
number of other methods until it finds one that works with a visitor's
browser.

I started some bits of it at https://github.com/yrashk/socket.io-erlang but
I am ultimately not able to keep up with all projects I am interested. So if
anybody is interested, please let me know.