[erlang-questions] How to connect erlang nodes over IPv6 (on Ubuntu 10.04 server installations, Erlang R14B1)?

Boris Mühmer boris.muehmer@REDACTED
Mon Feb 14 22:08:22 CET 2011

Is there a special option to build "epmd" with IPv6 support? Actually
is there a system on which "epmd" binds itself to an IPv6 port?

I checked my Windows 7 system with "netstat", but I could only see
"epmd" binding itself to the IPv4 port.

"configure" tries to set "HAVE_IN6" (this is set on my Ubuntu
system(s)). I believe "AF_INET6" comes from the linux kernel.

But "what" (I didn't want to put "who" in here) is responsible for "EPMD6"?

Running "grep -r EPMD6 ." in the top level directory of the source
tree just gives me a single result:
    ./erts/epmd/src/epmd_int.h:#if defined(HAVE_IN6) &&
defined(AF_INET6) && defined(EPMD6)

Using grep I saw, that there a several dependencies on "HAVE_IN6" and
"AF_INET6", but only a single one for "EPMD6".

  - boris