[erlang-questions] Two beautiful programs - or web programming made easy

Edmond Begumisa ebegumisa@REDACTED
Mon Feb 14 15:45:47 CET 2011

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 21:59:23 +1100, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Vlad Dumitrescu
> <vladdu55@REDACTED>wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've been following the discussion with mixed feelings. I may be simply
>> confused, but isn't this something that one has been able to do with
>> Flash
>> since quite a while? So yes, it's cool that it can now be done without
>> proprietary plugins, but is it new?
>>

> You're right I could have done it with flash, or actionscript, but I
> didn't
> do it.

One difference is that you can send not just flash-looking SVG, but you
can also send plain HTML rendered by the browser with no special rendering
libraries or plugins needed.

With XULRunner, I'm sending chunks of XUL from Erlang.

- Edmond -