[erlang-questions] Dict size in guards

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Thu Feb 10 18:33:32 CET 2011

----- "Alessandro Sivieri" <alessandro.sivieri@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Robert Virding < robert.virding@REDACTED > wrote:

There is a general restriction on guard tests that no calls to user defined functions are allowed. This irrespective of how simple these functions may be, as there is no way of guaranteeing this at run-time.

> I know, but this does not change my question, at least about that specific function (which is not user defined, is in stdlib...).

In this case "user-defined" means written in Erlang. And irrespective of who wrote the module and whether it is in the release there are still no guarantees that at run-time this is the code which is run.

Robert

--
Robert Virding, Erlang Solutions Ltd.