Crypto-questions

Jesper Pettersson jesper.pettersson@REDACTED
Wed Feb 9 09:18:18 CET 2011

I have some questions regarding the crypto- and ssl-modules to see what the
future plan is and if anyone in the community has written any functionality
that may be on the way in.

1) Support for the SHA-2 hash suite (SHA-256, SHA-384 and SHA-512)
In the documentation and running crypto:info/1 I can only find references to
MD4, MD5 and SHA-1.
rsa_digest_type() can only be md5 and sha1 according to doumentation.

2) Support for RSASSA-PSS padding with RSA Signatures.
According to the documentation currently no_padding and RSAPSS-PKCS1 padding
are supported.
This padding technique adds message blinding, making sure that the same
message will never get the same signature even when signed with the same
key. Further reading: http://www.rsa.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2005

3) Follow-up on 1 & 2, Support for sha256WithRSAEncryption, oid
1.2.840.113549.1.1.11

4) Is there an explicit upper limit on the RSA key modulus lengths in the
Erlang implementation?

5) Are there any plans to include ECC (Elliptic Curve Cryptography) as a
public key algorithm in Erlang?

Jesper Pettersson
Klarna AB