[erlang-questions] ssl_connection process hibernation option

Jeroen Koops koops.j@REDACTED
Fri Feb 4 15:04:34 CET 2011

I would very much appreciate this too.

As a test, I inserted a proxy-module between the gen_fsm and ssl_connection
callback, that changes all responses from the ssl_connection callback to
include the 'hibernate' option (it's not a hack -- it's AOP!) and the
savings are dramatic: before the change an SSL connection used around 350
kB, after the change only around 600 bytes. If a system is maintaining
thousands of SSL connections, this really adds up.

If we could somehow get hibernation built in to the ssl application, that
would be great.