[erlang-questions] Problem detecting interrupted TCP Connection

Ladislav Lenart lenartlad@REDACTED
Wed Feb 2 14:20:34 CET 2011

Hello,

I might be wrong, but I think that opening a socket in the active mode
introduces a race condition: the socket can deliver TCP messages to the
acceptor process instead of the loop process even before the call to set
a new controlling process.

As a general recommendation from discussions on this list I'd say that
the socket should be opened in {active, false} mode, then the control
should be transferred to the appropriate process which should set mode
to {active, once} whenever it is ready to handle another TCP message
and thus implement a form of flow control.

Please correct me if this is not so.

HTH,

Ladislav Lenart