[erlang-questions] Building small erlang vm suitable for bundle with app.

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Tue Dec 13 08:15:16 CET 2011

On Thursday, December 8, 2011, Albin Stigö <albin.stigo@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm quite new to Erlang and this list so I hope I'm posting in the right
place?

> I would like to use Erlang code (couchdb) in an Mac OS X app I'm
> developing and I would like to bundle it with my app. Exactly like the
> Mac OS X version of Wings3D is bundling a version of erlang.
>
> I was wondering if someone kind provide me with some ideas of how to
> compile a smaller version of the Erlang VM without the developing
> tools etc?
>
> Cheers,
> Albin

Hi albin,

You can use the rebared version of couchdb I've wroitten to do that. It
create a full Erlang release that you can eventually customize:

http://github.com/refuge/rcouch

& rebar template:

http://github.com/refuge/rcouch_template

hope it helps,