[erlang-questions] "Can't set long node name" on Ubuntu using erl -name without suffix

Nico Kruber kruber@REDACTED
Sat Dec 10 02:23:28 CET 2011

Just let me point out, that 'erl -name foo@REDACTED' or some other IP address
of the server also works.

This can sometimes be a good alternative to the hostname.

Regards,
Nico Kruber