[erlang-questions] relup restart_new_emulator does not work for me

Siri Hansen erlangsiri@REDACTED
Wed Aug 10 10:18:32 CEST 2011

Hi again Allen!

When executing a restart_new_emulator instruction, the release_handler
changes the heart command to "<start program>
$ROOTDIR/releases/new_start_erl.data". The start program defaults to
$ROOTDIR/bin/start, unless you have specifically set the 'start_prg'
environment variable for the sasl application.

If you haven't modified this start script (found in you erlang
installation), it will do

$ROOTDIR/bin/run_erl -daemon /tmp/ $ROOTDIR/log "exec $ROOTDIR/bin/start_erl
$ROOTDIR $RELDIR $START_ERL_DATA"

i.e. it will start erlang node using run_erl, and log to $ROOTDIR/log - but
only if this directory exists. In the log directory you should
find erlang.log.*, and run_erl.log - they might give you an indication of
what the problem is.

I hope this can be to some help in the investigation.

Regards
/siri