[erlang-questions] [ANN] kerl Erlang/OTP installation management script

Jordan West jwest@REDACTED
Wed Apr 13 18:33:03 CEST 2011

That definitely works in the interim but gemsets in RVM have a couple more
features on top of them. For example, one I use frequently is the global
gemset, which lets me install gems that are then available to all gemsets.
So say I always use Proper for testing, then I could put that in my global
gemset but only install misultin or riak_core or a per project basis. More
on RVM gemsets: https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/gemsets/

Another nice addition would be .kerl files (like .rvmrc files). This would
specify what build (and if something like gemset were implemented what
gemset), on a per directory basis. Changing into a directory with a .kerl
file would cause the current build to switch to the one specified in the
file
(here is RVMs .rvmrc docs for reference
https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/workflow/rvmrc/).

Again, really awesome stuff. Just making some suggestions based on my needs.
Maybe I'll have some extra time to read the code & submit a patch.

Cheers,

Jordan