[erlang-questions] [erlang-questions 76] New Mailing list software

'Raimo Niskanen' raimo+erlang-questions@REDACTED
Fri Apr 8 09:36:30 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 08:46:42AM -0500, David Mercer wrote:
> Hi, Raimo.  The new software appears to mess with reply subjects.  Usually
> when you reply, the subject is changed from "<subject>" to "Re: <subject>"
> unless the subject already begins with "Re:".  This means replies to
> erlang-questions would have the form "Re: [erlang-questions] <subject>", and
> this is how it worked prior to the changeover.  However, the new software
> appears to move the "Re:" to between the "[erlang-questions]" and the
> subject, resulting in a subject line of "[erlang-questions] Re: <subject>".
> I'm not sure about other email clients, but Outlook 2007 will not,
> therefore, thread the replies with the original; all replies will be
> threaded correctly, but the original will stand alone in its own
> conversation.  Any chance we could have the functionality modified to retain
> the original format?

Yes. Done. I hope, will have to check if it is cached somewhere...

That was a knob that came with the [erlang-questions %d] behaviour I
tried to use. Now it should be back to old and normal again.