[erlang-questions] Re: file operations on zipped files (Re: how to add a module to preLoaded?)

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Tue Apr 5 17:50:05 CEST 2011

On 5 Apr 2011, at 16:52, Håkan Mattsson wrote:

> Yes, either that or modify epp to read via erl_prim_loader.

Oh, the other - bigger - objection to that is that epp uses file:open/2 and then the file_io_server functionality* to fetch parsed forms from the file.

The reason why I mentioned read_file in this case was just because I used that to fetch the file and put it into a ram_file, and then making prim_file "ram_file-aware".

BR,
Ulf W

* Actually, the call is:

scan_toks(From, St) ->
    case io:scan_erl_form(St#epp.file, '', St#epp.location) of
         ….
    end.

where io:scan_erl_form/2 becomes an io_request to the file_io_server.

Ulf Wiger, CTO, Erlang Solutions, Ltd.
http://erlang-solutions.com