[erlang-questions] Re: file operations on zipped files (Re: how to add a module to preLoaded?)

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Tue Apr 5 17:18:42 CEST 2011

On 5 Apr 2011, at 16:52, Håkan Mattsson wrote:

> > So is your suggestion to call erl_prim_loader:get_file/1
> > instead of the prim_file:try_zip_read_file/2 that I wrote?
>
> Yes, either that or modify epp to read via erl_prim_loader

My concern about the latter option is that any tool or application that is not aware of the special demands when dealing with zip archives are likely to break.

This is why I wanted file.erl to have *reasonable* support for archives, where reasonable here would be (anything that would work on a read-only file system should work here too).

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, CTO, Erlang Solutions, Ltd.
http://erlang-solutions.com