[erlang-questions] Installing on cygwin

Daniel Goertzen daniel.goertzen@REDACTED
Mon Sep 27 16:31:16 CEST 2010

This installation guide suggests that Erlang probably won't work on
cygwin...

http://www.erlang.org/doc/installation_guide/INSTALL-WIN32.html (see 4th
question in faq)

That said, I am happily using cygwin to invoke the native Windows version of
Erlang.  There's a bit of fussing to deal with Windows vs Unix paths, but it
hasn't been a huge deal so far.  (I am also having good luck using the
native Windows version of Emacs instead of cygwin emacs.)

Dan.
<http://www.erlang.org/doc/installation_guide/INSTALL-WIN32.html>

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Giulio Petrucci <giulio.petrucci@REDACTED
> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> this is my first post in this mailing list so, first of all I'd like
> to say hello to everyone reading here.
> I'm trying playing with the ReverseHTTP project
> (http://github.com/tonyg/reversehttp/) and I need to run a web server
> written in Erlang but... I'm a totally newbie with this language! :-)
>
> Under Linux (the OS I use mostly for personal stuff) I didn't have to
> do anything special. Under Windows, which I use at work, I'm a little
> bit in trouble. I'd like to install Erlang on my Cygwin installation.
> I've just downloaded the source code... now what shall I do? I've
> tried to get into the source directory and type "make" on my shell
> but... nothing happened. :-) Could anyone help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Giulio
>
> --

Daniel Goertzen