[erlang-questions] Announce: the Piqi project

Anton Lavrik alavrik@REDACTED
Mon Sep 13 17:50:41 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 3:23 AM, Evgeniy Khramtsov <xramtsov@REDACTED> wrote:
> 13.09.2010 18:07, Anton Lavrik wrote:
>>
>> It is my pleasure to announce the Piqi project to the Erlang community.
>> I've
>> just released a new version which features Erlang support.
>>

> Wow, that sounds impressive. The only problem I see is the license...

What problem with the license do you mean?

Apache v2 is one of the most permissive and clear open-source
licenses. The only part of Piqi source distribution that links with
Erlang programs is Piqi runtime support library, which is literally a
single Erlang module:
http://github.com/alavrik/piqi/blob/master/piqirun-erlang/src/piqirun.erl

In addition to Apache v2 license header it also contain a copyright
notice and a copy of MIT license from protobuffs library
(http://github.com/ngerakines/erlang_protobuffs), since I reused some
code from it. MIT license is as permissive as Apache v2.

Anton