Mnesia/dets question - does this make sense?

Evans, Matthew mevans@REDACTED
Thu Sep 2 23:33:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a fragmented disc_only mnesia table. During tests I have noticed that it appears that the access (insert) times to the fragment improve over time, and then slow down after a period of inactivity.

Do the tables/fragments get opened and then closed based on a timer that would affect initial inert times?

For example, the table has 10 fragments. I see insert times in the 4000us range for the first 10 to 15 inserts, and then insert times averaging 400us subsequently. If there is no activity on the table for a few minutes access times are again in the 4000us range for the first 10 to 15 inserts. As I said before it's almost like there is an overhead to get things started/warmed up (e.g. opening the fragments/files), once all the fragments are opened the speed is fine.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Matt