[erlang-questions] Converting list of tagged tuples to a record

Rapsey rapsey@REDACTED
Thu Sep 2 17:32:16 CEST 2010

I use these two functions (rec2prop, prop2rec):

rec2prop(Rec, RecordFields) ->
    loop_rec(RecordFields, 1, Rec, []).

loop_rec([H|T], N, Rec, L) ->
    loop_rec(T, N+1, Rec, [{H, element(N+1, Rec)}|L]);
loop_rec([], _, _, L) ->
    L.

prop2rec(Prop, RecName, DefRec, RecordFields) ->
    loop_fields(erlang:make_tuple(tuple_size(DefRec), RecName),
RecordFields, DefRec, Prop, 2).

loop_fields(Tuple, [Field|T], DefRec, Props, N) ->
    case lists:keysearch(Field, 1, Props) of
        {value, {_, Val}} ->
            loop_fields(setelement(N, Tuple, Val), T, DefRec, Props, N+1);
        false ->
            loop_fields(setelement(N, Tuple, element(N, DefRec)), T, DefRec,
Props, N+1)
    end;
loop_fields(Tuple, [], _, _, _) ->
    Tuple.

And then for every record a define (#cdat{} is the name of the record):
-define(R2P(Record), rec2prop(Record, record_info(fields, cdat))).
-define(P2R(Prop), prop2rec(Prop, cdat, #cdat{}, record_info(fields,
cdat))).

It's not exactly optimal, but at least I don't have to write a function for
every record (just two short defines).

Sergej