[erlang-questions] Horses for courses (Erlang vs. node.js, etc.)

Dmitry Demeshchuk demeshchuk@REDACTED
Sat Oct 30 14:10:36 CEST 2010

Let me please explain the situation with my question regarding Node.js
and Erlang.

The main goal of my article is to show just that you describe. Each
platform has its own qualities that make it better for some tasks and
worse for the other (or maybe impossible to be used for specific
projects).

I was going to explain the article purpose and contents in details but
after some lines realized that I would just write a short summary of
the article. :)
In short, it compares both of the platforms and concludes when and
where each platform is more convenient. But without any benchmarks, he
comparison will definitely seem incomplete. This is a too obvious
criteria to just ignore it.

That's why I asked my question about arithmetics. It's just a basic
test that needs, however, some explanation.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Demeshchuk