[erlang-questions] node.js compared to erlang

Raoul Duke raould@REDACTED
Wed Oct 6 20:14:48 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Tony Arcieri <tony.arcieri@REDACTED> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Pablo Platt <pablo.platt@REDACTED> wrote:
>> In what areas erlang dominates and what areas will you consider using
>> node.js?
> Node may be nice for smaller servers that handle more trivial I/O problems.
> Erlang is better suited for building larger systems which are factored apart
> into several different processes.

fundamentally, as a narrow-minded, often statically-typed-bigoted,
jerk, i don't understand how anybody could see javascript and think
"this is *so good* we *have* to extend its use to all other areas of
programming endeavour!"

i mean at least i get Dialyzer, QuickCheck in the Erlang world. :-)
yeah, ok, all languages have problems, and javascript gets blamed for
issues that are really in the DOM and the individual browsers, but
even leaving those things aside, i still don't like it. :-)

apologies, end of rant, shutting up.
sincerely.