[erlang-questions] erlang and the GUI

Boris Mühmer boris.muehmer@REDACTED
Mon Nov 29 19:58:50 CET 2010

Am Montag, den 29.11.2010, 16:49 +0100 schrieb Lukas Larsson:
> As for GUI builder you might try wxGlade and then export to XRC and use the
> wxXmlResource module to run the GUI. I haven't tried it but hopefully it
> will work :)

I did some tests with XRC (using wxFormBuilder) and it works,
but it takes some time to get used to it. I'm not sure if it
is because of Erlang (or that I am still a rookie), the wxWidgets
framework, or the lack of documentation.

Also I think it is better to use XRC than building a UI from
code; maybe with better libraries and a more native (in terms
of Erlang support) UI builder, it would also be much easier to
use wxWidgets/XRC.

One more thing: have a look at the examples (under lib/wx/examples),
especially at "xrc" and "demo". In "demo" there is still the best
"documentation" for the "wx_object" behaviour.

Well, just my 2 cents...

  - boris