[erlang-questions] Convincing industry to use Erlang

Taavi Talvik taavi@REDACTED
Fri Nov 26 01:18:36 CET 2010

On Nov 26, 2010, at 12:25 AM, Clara Benac Earle wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am currently involved in a proposal for a project with some companies in Spain. They want to develop an intelligent system for controlling street lighting.
>
> Has anybody experience in this or in a similar kind of system? We would like to convince them to use Erlang. Any successful industrial stories with data (good performance, rapid development, etc.) compared to traditional programming languages that we could use?

One success story from this list. Lyons metro.

http://www.trapexit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6229&sid=328def1e11f2c484a23a5c3f01e19c0a

Hopefully author is still reachable.

best regards,
taavi