Adding a second supervisor / gen_server to an application?

Armando Di Cianno armando.dicianno@REDACTED
Tue Nov 23 19:12:18 CET 2010

I have an application (behavior) implemented that starts a supervisor,
which takes care of starting the server/s (gen_server). This server
accepts many connections, and I believe I generally have the
supervisor <-> gen_server interaction laid out correctly.

I would like to add a second server to the application, and for it to
have it's own supervisor. The second server will be cleaning up
garbage the first server/s creates, so there only needs to be one.

Is a call to a second supervisor:start_link() normal or "ok" to add to
applicaiton:start()? I'm guessing the answer is no, since the return
value from application start is the {ok, Pid} from the first
supervisor.

Thanks for any input,
__armando