[erlang-questions] Websockets

Richard Jones rj@REDACTED
Mon Nov 22 16:23:32 CET 2010

Thanks for the zotonic tip, I'll have a look at that. I don't need a
full CMS, but it'll be useful to compare websockets implementations.

I'm currently using nginx in front of mochiweb for comet and static serving etc.
nginx is not suitable for websockets as mentioned.. HAProxy supposedly
is, but I'm probably just going to listen directly with mochiweb for
websockets on another IP using a subdomain. This should work fine,
since I can validate the origin and permit traffic from the main
domain to the subdomain.

I'll be listening on the https port for websockets using either an
iptables forwarding rule, or setcap on the vm as detailed here:
http://erlanganswers.com/web/mcedemo/PrivilegedPort.html

RJ