Questions of configuring on SUSE Linux Enterprise 11

Toan H. Le toanhuyle.vn@REDACTED
Wed Nov 17 08:47:58 CET 2010

Hi,

I try to compile Erlang R14B on SUSE 11 but I face errors of configuring.

This is the output on screen
**********************  APPLICATIONS DISABLED  **********************

crypto         : No usable OpenSSL found
jinterface     : No Java compiler found
ssh            : No usable OpenSSL found
ssl            : No usable OpenSSL found

**********************  APPLICATIONS INFORMATION  *******************

wx             : wxWidgets not found, wx will NOT be usable

**********************  DOCUMENTATION INFORMATION  ******************

documentation  :
                 fop is missing.
                 Using fakefop to generate placeholder PDF files.

1. APPLICATIONS DISABLED
I don't install JDK, so I agree with error of jinterface.
I trace upward and find that the following warning may affect the crypto,
ssh, and ssl
----
checking for OpenSSL >= 0.9.7 in standard locations... no
configure: WARNING: No (usable) OpenSSL found, skipping ssl, ssh and crypto
applications
----
I did check with yast; two packages are install openssl (0.9.8h) and
libopenssl0_9_8. I think those two are enough to use OpenSSL.

Do I need something to bypass error of openssl?

2. APPLICATIONS INFORMATION
I did check again with yast and package wxGTK is installed. I am not sure if
it is enough or not. If I need to install any package, please tell me.

3. DOCUMENTATION INFORMATION
Again, can anyone tell me what is the fop and do I need it?

Thanks for all your help.

--
Regards,

Toan H. Le