[erlang-questions] crash dump at ejabberd startup

Michael Santos michael.santos@REDACTED
Wed Nov 17 03:08:47 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 02:12:25AM +0100, tom@REDACTED wrote:
> Hello Michael,
>
> another suggestion on what could have caused the issue and how to resolv it.
> The idea came into my mind while reading
> http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/erts/inet_cfg.html
> and when remembering there was another person having a similar problem,
> which that person could resolve by adding a proper hostname to it's FreeBSD
> jail.

It might help. I think the quickest way to debug this would be to:

1. Start up epmd manually in the jail with the debug switches

epmd -d -d -d

2. Run tcpdump on port 4369 for the interfaces in the jail

3. Start up a distributed erlang node by hand:

erl -name foo

Report back on what you find!