[erlang-questions] What's a solid way to have erlang automatically send email.

Anthony Shipman als@REDACTED
Tue Nov 16 11:37:39 CET 2010

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:31:09 am G.S. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a website where the administrator needs to receive email alert (to
> login and fix a problem) when certain events occur. Is there an Erlang
> module that allows one to easily send out an email? Or something that can
> be used in the same manner?
>
> Thanks,
> -Gene

On UNIX, you could feed the text into stdin of /usr/sbin/sendmail
or /usr/bin/mutt. erlang:open_port() will let you do this.

--
Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
als@REDACTED                   grow up to be outsourced.