[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP debugger on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard crashes regularly

James Churchman jameschurchman@REDACTED
Sat Nov 13 17:31:25 CET 2010

I am using r13 and the debugger is just as unstable. Not only that its a horrid piece of software even if it did work correctly!!

I can 100 % vouch for ErlIDE, it works great on os x,is simple to setup and takes a instant to add breakpoints. You can get the most up-to-date version by adding http://erlide.org/update_nightly to the "add new software" menu option. I dont like Eclipse one bit for actual code editing, bit big and bloated, so i use TextMate with a number of keyboard shortcuts to erlc to compile source & check for errors and to do a "jump to definition in project" and then ErlIDE to do debugging. This setup works perfectly for me

James