[erlang-questions] Is gen_server behavior in R14B hibernate friendly?

Davide Marquês nesrait@REDACTED
Thu Nov 11 02:32:45 CET 2010

Hi Zvi,

Check out the attached gen_server_light module. :)
IIRC it differs from gen_server in that the handle_call/3 supports a new
return value:
    {noreply, NewState, {call_and_hibernate, {Server, Req, ReqTimeout}}};
which instructs it to issue a call to another server and then hibernate
while waiting for the reply.
When that reply comes (or the ReqTimeout is reached) handle_reply/2 is
called enabling the
caller to proceed with what it was doing.

Hope the code still works. :)

Cheers,
:Davide