Release handling with several nodes of the same release using the same target system

Damian Dobroczyński qoocku@REDACTED
Wed Nov 10 16:45:54 CET 2010

Hi list!

What is the proper scenario of (up/down)grading a release having more
than one node running the same release on the same target system?

Should it be something like this:

1) on node, say "n1", I unpack/install and make permanent the release
version
2) switch to other nodes and do only what? "install_release" ?

There is RELEASES file which is updated every time
release_handler:install_release/1,2 is called, so each node using the
same target system will try to update this file according to the
internal state of its release_handler process. I'm not sure what is the
proper way of doing this...

Thnx in adv.,

--D.