[erlang-questions] Conceptual questions on architecture of functional programs

Silas Silva silasdb@REDACTED
Thu Nov 4 15:15:10 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 09:56:42AM +0800, ????????? (Yau-Hsien Huang) wrote:
> Hi, Silas.
>
> There's an introductory paper "Why Functional Programming Matters" for you.
>
> In functional fashion, you can make second-order, third-order and n-th-order
> functions
> when you pass a name of a first-order function into some function.

Thank you very much.  I just read a half of this paper and I noted it is
a very interesting introductory way to get in touch with FP.

Although it helped me with some concepts (nth-order functions, lazy
evaluation), I'm still looking for some example about how to
architecture big programs in a functional programming language.

Anyway, I'll read more (not only this paper, but other famous references
as well) and try to get some examples from the open source world.

Thank you very much again!

--
Silas Silva