[erlang-questions] Conceptual questions on key-value databases for RDBMs users

Silas Silva silasdb@REDACTED
Tue Nov 2 21:57:36 CET 2010

Hi there.

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 03:34:46PM -0500, Kenny Stone wrote:
> qlc is an erlang query interface you can use with mnesia to do things like
> joins.
>
> http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/qlc.html
>
> Joe Armstrong's book explains qlc with equivalent SQL statements.
>
> http://www.pragprog.com/titles/jaerlang/programming-erlang

Well, I've read first chapters of Armstrong's book and also the chapter
about Mnesia.  Some could use relationship with Mnesia, but it would
rather have to do some job that a RDBMS do behind the scenes, like
setting a secondary index (which could be done adding another "table" in
Mnesia), right?

Anyway, in Mnesia applications, is there any case wher denormalization
is recommended rather than using qlc's joins-like?

Thanks.

--
Silas Silva