[erlang-questions] RE: DETS Problems

Ahmed Omar spawn.think@REDACTED
Tue Nov 2 20:45:36 CET 2010

Sorry to understand more, can you provide the options you are using for the
table?
what do u do with ets:to_dets/2 exactly?
please also note that :
"The Dets table is emptied before the objects are inserted"
http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/ets.html#to_dets-2

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 7:25 PM, rgowka1 <rgowka1@REDACTED> wrote:

> "Dets tables must be opened before they can be updated or read, and
> when finished they must be properly closed. If a table has not been
> properly closed, Dets will automatically repair the table. This can
> take a substantial time if the table is large. A Dets table is closed
> when the process which opened the table terminates. If several Erlang
> processes (users) open the same Dets table, they will share the table.
> The table is properly closed when all users have either terminated or
> closed the table. Dets tables are not properly closed if the Erlang
> runtime system is terminated abnormally."
>
> I did play around with dets with the same sized records as you.
> According to the above blurb and my observations, the corruption is
> usually not closing the dets in all the processes..
>

> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Evans, Matthew <mevans@REDACTED> wrote:
> > I should add, that I do ets:insert/2 followed by a ets:to_dets/2.
> >
> > Some of the records are about 4K in size.

Best Regards,
- Ahmed Omar
http://nl.linkedin.com/in/adiaa
Follow me on twitter