mnesia:transform_table

Chris Hicks silent_vendetta@REDACTED
Wed May 26 07:09:10 CEST 2010

So when updating a record definition the updated record, when reloaded, is not compatible with the old version of the record, as far as I understand it. Updating a Mnesia table to handle the new definition is straightforward enough but, my question revolves around the rest of the running system. Mainly I want to know what is the general (if there is one) process to updating a running system in this manner?
Should you create a function which locks the whole table, reloads the code and updated all the definitions at the same time? What happens to the rest of the running system when you update a record definition while a process is in the middle of working with that old record?