[erlang-questions] Re: erl startup

Wes James comptekki@REDACTED
Wed May 19 05:46:39 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 9:35 PM, Bernard Duggan <bernie@REDACTED> wrote:
> On 19/05/10 13:22, Wes James wrote:
>>
>> Thx.  I guess I need to look at spawning this??
>>

>    Sure, if you like, but it won't change any of the behaviour you're
> seeing.  You'll spawn a process to run the function, the function will run,
> the function will finsih and so the process will exit and you'll be exactly
> where you are now.
>    In your first posts, you were comparing the behaviour of your single
> function with the /applications/ yaws and mnesia.  A single function does
> not an application make.  Perhaps if you explained what exactly you're
> trying to achieve it would be easier to provide specific guidance.

I'm trying run my_mod which i'm running in conjunction with yaws so
that the my_mod will every 5 minutes go and check a printer for home
and grab the pages printed and stick it in a mnesia table.  I then use
a .yaws page to look at the mnesia page count values.  This is why I'm
trying to get the timer to work as I start yaws and keep going after
yaws is started.

thx,

-wes