Library management in erlang.

Tim Fletcher mail@REDACTED
Tue May 18 18:49:43 CEST 2010

> IMO, it is premature to talk about an erlang library management system when
> the risk of module name collision is so high. We'd have to require/enforce a
> package prefix in the form of 'packagename_' to all modules of a package.

Or the library management system could throw an error when trying to
install a library with module names that already exist. Or you could
allow libraries to be installed without restriction, and use a well
defined ordering when loading modules (i.e., alphabetical, or by
installation date).

In principle I think the tools should be able to deal with things like
this without forcing everyone to change their code.

Tim