[erlang-questions] Does Erlang Treat Everything Function?

Mazen Harake mazen.harake@REDACTED
Mon May 17 19:06:09 CEST 2010

No this is not true.

See here for functions:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/reference_manual/functions.html
See here for higher order functions:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/reference_manual/data_types.html

The rest are just data types.

A Process is an instance of execution inside a given function.

Hope this clears it up a little.

Good luck,

/Mazen

On 17/05/2010 19:51, 黃耀賢 (Yau-Hsien Huang) wrote:
> Hi, Erlang-lovers! I'm writing Erlang tutorials in my local
> language, Chinese. I felt in thinking about a word
> "Everything is functions."
> Could I say that Erlang realizes the word too?
> That is, to say even if a term is number, it's also a function:
> for example, 0 is a function 0/0. Is it right?
>
> Best Regards,
> YHH.

WE'VE CHANGED NAMES!

www.erlang-solutions.com