[erlang-questions] dividing a project across directories

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Thu May 6 18:37:08 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 3:32 PM, James Hague wrote:
> I know how to modify the code loading path, so beam files in different
> directories can be loaded. Easy!
>
> But is there a way to break a project into multiple directories and
> still be able to use c(module) from the shell to compile them without
> specifying a path? And can I specify where the compiled code should
> go, instead of always being written to the current directory?
>
> Up until now, I've always just tossed all my erl and beam files in one
> directory per project, and that's that.

Hi James,

have you tried packaged modules?
It's experimental, unsupported and personally I do not want
to encourage its use but it might solve your issue.

http://www.erlang.se/publications/packages.html

For specifying OutDir use c(module,{outdir,Dir}.