[erlang-questions] erl_nif interface

Sverker Eriksson sverker@REDACTED
Tue Mar 30 17:25:18 CEST 2010

Looks ok in case you are running R13B03. If you are running R13B04 then
the NIFs should look like this with argc and argv
(http://erlang.org/doc/man/erl_nif.html):

static ERL_NIF_TERM increase(ErlNifEnv* env, int argc, const
ERL_NIF_TERM argv[]) {
int i;
enif_get_int(env, argv[0], &i);
PrivData* data = (PrivData*) enif_get_data(env);
return enif_make_int(env, i);
}

A good practice is to always check the return value of enif_get_int and
friends. I think that's what's happening in your case; enif_get_int
fails and you return an integer term with whatever value that 'i'
happens to get by default.

/Sverker, Erlang/OTP Ericsson