[erlang-questions] specify error logger for process

Andrew Thompson andrew@REDACTED
Sun Mar 28 03:08:10 CEST 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 07:42:30PM +0300, Max Lapshin wrote:
> I've discussed how to store from 100MB to 1GB of data in one process
> and found out, that plain array is incredibly faster than ets.
> Now I have new problem: sometimes if process crashes, beam.smp takes
> all available memory and CPU for error_logger process,
> that wants to dump into screen about 450 MB of data, stored in gen_server state.
>
> Either I have to refuse from gen_server, either change way it logs
> about error. Have I missed something in documentation or in google?

There's a patch in the OTP 'pu' branch that lets you use the
format_status callback to format the state data passed to the
error_logger. Hopefully it'll make it into the next release.

Andrew