[erlang-questions] Is tuple syntax function call deprecated?

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Sat Mar 27 20:07:06 CET 2010

Rory Byrne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just noticed that the following is a valid function call:
>
>     {io, format}("This actually works!!\n").
>
> Since using {Module, Function} as a Fun in erlang:apply/2 is deprecated,
> I was wondering if this syntax is also deprecated?

Yes.  These function calls are deprecated but possibly still allowed in
some parts of the system for "backwards compatibility" reasons and for
giving time to applications to adapt.  Do not use this.

Kostis