Using -spec for callbacks when defining behaviours

Mikael Karlsson karlsson.rm@REDACTED
Fri Mar 26 12:14:41 CET 2010

Yes, I think that contract checkers that are "pluggable" at validation
time is a good way to go, and if you find a standardized way or
"formalized" pattern to put it in the process of Erlang code making
the better. Joe Armstrongs UBF contracts is a good example. I agree
that you should not rely on static checks, but on the other hand they
are a good first check and especially for Erlang I think you can catch
errors that you would later at run-time (Dialyzer do find errors).
Best Regards
Mikael